Friday 21 November 2014

Year 6 - Ancient Greece work in 2D

There is some lovely work emerging by Year 6 at present. We have collected ideas and tested materials and approaches in our sketchbooks linked to the theme of Ancient Greece. Pupils have used past experiences to justify choices and have not been overly directed by the teacher. The project is coming to an end and I am looking forward to seeing a fantastic display of the finished large scale works.

First the sketchbooks, created by individual pupils ...





Then we have revisited ideas with partner and tackled imagery on a large scale ...





Detail


Next we have developed smaller scale artworks on to newspaper backgrounds...these will ultimately be cut out and added in to the large scale works to create variety and add interest in to the backgrounds. Before doing this we have reflected on our learning...




One of the smaller newspaper works (above) , this will be cut out and placed in a larger background...the image below depicts pieces that have been developed but not cut out, just laid over a larger scale piece. The final works will be photographed and displayed - I will share a blog about them soon. 







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and colourful works! The art of Ancient Greece brought me to the country and helped me understand and love it in all its strange ways. I've been working hard to get golden visa in Greece and now I'm having the time of my life in Athens. Greece is by far the most beautiful place I've been and I don't think it will ever change for me

    ReplyDelete