Saturday 1 August 2015

Now it is time for the Teacher to get creative!

Most of my creative energy is used up by teaching during term times but during the summer my fingers get restless and my urge to 'draw' intensifies. Last year I participated in a national project entitled #drawingaugust on Twitter. This was great fun, adding a drawing a day (if possible) to the twitter feed with artists, teachers and others from across the country all using the hash tag to collectively showcase their doodlings... 

I have begun early and have enjoyed submitting some of my sketches to the site today the 1st of August. You can go on Twitter and search the hashtag #drawing august to find out more. 



I lived on a farm for six years and never drew a animal! I found out during last years project that I actually love drawing livestock...more to follow.  


The dancing cow!


Friends of mine from near Ellesmere Port are breeding British Lop pigs at Oakbank Farm, pigs are a great subject for drawing. I am hoping to visit their farm and draw some pigs this week!


The school holiday started for me with a trip to Robin Hoods Bay. This was a fascinating scene to sketch, lots of lovely layers. I have only used a berol fine line pen in order to sketch this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment